At Easton Suburban Water Authority, we make water safe, affordable and accessible for over 33,000 customers of the Lehigh Valley. We serve our community with dedication and integrity; and we bring that same level of commitment to our team. We're dedicated to valuing, supporting and developing our team members, because we know that each of our employees is an integral part of the water service process.
If you're looking for a great place to advance your career while serving your local community, we want to hear from you! Learn alongside our highly-trained and experienced professionals, implement the latest in water-treatment technology, and become a valued member of our tight-knit team.
Our accomplished team knows that quality water is the cornerstone of our lives--for everything from cooking dinner for the family, to playing in the sprinkler, to enjoying a hot shower after a long day. Join our team and help us provide the Valley with quality water for all.
Positions Available (1):
Water Distribution Technician
Easton Suburban Water Authority – Easton, PA
Job Type: Full-time
Easton Suburban Water Authority located in Easton, PA is seeking a dedicated applicant for a service position at the Easton facility. This is a full time first shift position. Serves on after hour call rotation as necessary.
This entry level position is responsible for semi-skilled work involving the operation, construction, and maintenance of the water distribution system. This work involves, but is not limited to, the following: Excavates and completes restoration of streets and sidewalks as required. The individual will operate a jackhammer, earth tamper, power saws, pumps, generators, compressors, tapping machines, and pipe-locating and leak detection equipment. Performs laying, servicing and repairing water mains and service lines, and the maintenance, repair, and installation of valves, fire hydrants, and water meters. Loads and unloads trucks with materials weighing up to 200 lbs. with assistance from co-workers. Performs flow test of fire hydrants. Remains alert and reacts appropriately to audio and/visual alarms on vehicular equipment, gas detectors and rescue retrieval system. Enters and exits ditches to perform service and repair work.
QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL POSSESS THE FOLLOWING:
• Knowledge of the current practices in distribution system, construction, operation, maintenance, and repair or knowledge of current practices in the site construction industry.
• Ability to understand and follow instructions verbally and in writing.
• Ability to operate specialized industry equipment.
• Ability to perform record keeping and prepare maintenance reports manually and with computer software such as Microsoft Access and Excel.
• Ability to react quickly and appropriately to alarms and hazardous situations.
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• One year’s practical experience in installing, maintaining, and repairing water mains and apparatus is preferred but not required.
• Valid PA driver’s license.
CDL preferred but not necessary at time of hire.
Class E Water Works Operator’s License preferred but not required at time of hire.
Experience in backhoe operation preferred.
Or, any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and ability.
To apply online, please click here: Zip Recruiter.
Or download ESWA application here: Employment Application
, and send it to Human Resources with your resume at Aurora.Brunovsky@gohihr.com